Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A whole new problem

In December I wrote how piss poorly the U.S. Soccer Federation handled World Cup ticket requests. Now I have a whole new problem.

After the USSF bungled the ticket requests, we (Bryan and I) received an email from them “congratulating” us on being awarded tickets to the U.S.’ second round games. For those of you not up speed with how the World Cup works, there’s no guarantee that your team will reach the second round. We were basically awarded tickets to games that might not exist.

Luckily for Bryan, his brother submitted a separate ticket application and was granted two tickets to all of the United States’ first round games. That meant Bryan was guaranteed tickets to essentially every game the U.S. could play but it also gave me new life. You see, Bryan’s brother indicated that he may not actually be able to make the trip to Germany and he was willing to sell his tickets to me in the event that he couldn’t go.

Well, last week I got a message from Bryan that stated his brother was 90% sure that he couldn’t go to for the tournament. That translated to a 90% chance that I would get the tickets. Good news for me, right?

As it turns out though, Bryan received a message from the USSF yesterday telling him that FIFA had granted a few extra tickets to U.S. fans. We were on the priority waiting list after having our initial request for the first round games denied. With the additional tickets though, that order is now fulfilled. In other words, I went from having no tickets to the U.S.’ first round games to having TWO sets of tickets to each game. Same thing for Bryan. If any one is interested in going to Germany to watch the U.S. play – we may be able to help you out with tickets.

Yeah, it could be a problem having more tickets than I need. But since I now possess tickets to all the U.S.’ World Cup games, it’s a problem I’m happy to have. WORD!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home