Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Weird fucking baby!!

I don’t have a child yet. When the time comes though, I – like all parents – will hope that my child is born with ten fingers and toes and the rest of the standard issue equipment. Like a neck, for example. I will also hope that my child ISN’T born with, oh I don’t know… say, eyeballs that don’t fit into its head, a smashed up nose worthy of a 40-year boxing career and blubbery “duh!” lips.

Nir Bahadur Karki and Suntali Karki were not that fortunate. They gave birth to a mongoloid. You know how they say about ugly people, “they’ve got a face only a mother could love”? Well, there’s no quote from the mother, but the father didn’t even give a rat’s ass when his son died less than a half hour after its birth.

Residents of Charikot, Dolakha, Nepal did what anyone else would have done: they threw a parade. Hey! Toss that freakish baby in a water pan and let’s get down!

I, unlike the Nepalese, was not immediately moved to party upon seeing this anomaly. Quite frankly, I still don’t know whether to laugh or curl up in the fetal position, scoot myself into a corner and sob uncontrollably. I’m leaning toward option two. No matter what though, I. Can’t. Stop. Looking. At. It.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

please warn us BEFORE posting this shit man! (almost swallowed my tounge)

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the f!!! i expect good wholesome family fun when i read your blog... lol

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home