Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Life is still good

So… even after the US’ sad exit at the World Cup, I’m still having a great time here in Munich. I neglected to mention that we (Bryan, Rick, Vroni, Kathi and I) all visited the real Hofbräuhaus and had some drinks and some good German eats. I think the Hofbräuhaus can be a bit overwhelming for the first-time visitor and it is definitely more so during the World Cup. Our first table was next to some obnoxious Mexican fans so when the opportunity presented itself, we moved to a table next to some boisterous and thoroughly enjoyable English fans. What’s the difference between obnoxious and boisterous? The fact that I hate Mexico and I like England, that’s what.

Since Ricky’s departure, Bryan and I have spent a great deal of time at cafes and beer gardens watching the rest of the World Cup unfold. We watched Argentina defeat Mexico (much to my great amusement) at the FanFest; we watched Germany defeat Sweden from the comfort of the apartment (since it’s really crowded everywhere else during Germany games); we just watched the Spain go down in flames to the bitch French at a gnarly beer garden… sweet.

Today was the first day since the start of the tournament that there were no games so Bryan and I headed out into the city to explore and to shop around a little bit. We bought Cuban cigars and smoked them on the balcony of the apartment. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home