Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Rage

So I was driving home from work today and induced a serious case of road rage on some dude. I was merging onto the freeway and, naturally, ended up in the far right lane. Needless to say, the flow of traffic in this lane was less than what I would consider acceptable. I’m not saying I’m a speed demon or anything, it’s just that 10 miles per hour less than the posted speed limit is not an option. I checked my mirrors and surveyed the scene in the lane directly to my left. There was a car coming up about to pass me, a large gap and then a red Bronco. I was going to wait for the first car to pass, merge safely into the lane and proceed on my way home.

So what happens? As the car is 3/4ths of the way past me, I turn on my indicator to signal my intent to move into the lane. The dude in the Bronco – even though there was plenty of room for me to merge without slowing him down – decides he doesn’t want me in his lane and speeds up. Now, I’m usually a courteous driver. If I was going to slow this dude down at all, I would have bided my time and merged when appropriate. Needless to say, I thought his speeding up to block me out was a dick move, so I did what I felt was right and jumped into the lane to cut his ass off. If he’s going to be and asshole, then fuck him.

Anyway, I look in the rearview mirror and he’s flipping out – waving his arms and shouting. I thought giving him the bird would soothe his ruffled feathers. He did not appreciate my gift. He hauled ass into the far left lane, swerved toward me like he was going to ram me and sped away while flipping me the bird and cursing some more.

Wow dude, you really showed me what’s up…

So what’s the statue of some tubby dude kicking ass on some kids have anything to do with this? Nothing really, I just thought it was funny. Maybe the Bronco dude didn’t get his ass kicked enough as a kid. I’d rather he was aborted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home