Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Thank you again Veronika

I have now written about all but the smallest details of my last visit to Germany with one notable exception. I wanted to save my last post in the “series” for the person that makes everything possible: Vroni! First of all, she’s my ride from the airport. I always tell her that if it’s any trouble for her to pick me up, I’ll make my way with the public transportation. She never even lets me consider it. Instead of making me take the S-bahn to a certain station to catch the U-bahn to another station to then catch a tram to the apartment, she simply scoops me up at the airport and that’s the end of that. This leads to the next biggest thing: she lets me stay at her place. Once again, she makes it seem like no big deal but I feel compelled to point out to her that yes, opening your home to someone for ~10 straight days IS a big deal. In all the time that I’ve spent at her apartment, neither she nor her sister has ever made me feel like a guest but rather as roommate. It’s a very comfortable atmosphere and I cannot thank the two of them enough for all they do for me while I’m there.

Thanks again Vroni – I wouldn’t be able to come back to Germany without all the things you do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home